271 Canongate, Edinburgh, EH8 8BQ
The building comprises a C-listed, former church dating back to 1869. A refurbishment in 1990 transformed the old church into a Language School when two new upper floors were introduced. The property also benefits from a private garden to the west side. • Open plan space; • Excellent natural daylight; • Second floor internal balcony area; • Gas fired central heating; • WCs on ground, first and second floors; • Storage; • Dedicated garden area.
The subjects are located on the north side of the Canongate, forming part of The Royal Mile, at its junction with Cranston Street. This area is popular with tourists and benefits from a wide array of restaurants, coffee shops and amenities. It is easily accessible by public transport with multiple bus services available nearby at South Bridge, and Waverley Railway Station only five minutes walk away. The property is located within close proximity to the New Waverley Development, which comprises three new hotels, retail and restaurant offerings, as well as a major office development of 180,000 sq ft, which will accommodate up to 3,000 HMRC and other Government employees. Holyrood Palace and the Scottish Parliament are within a few minutes walk.
- C-Listed office building
- Vacant possession available January 2021
- 6,446 sq ft gross; 4,690 sq ft net
- Potential for various uses
- Rental offers of £75,000 pa invited
- For sale at offers over £900,000
4,690 sq ft (435.00 sq m)
|Year||Rateable Value||Rates Payable||UBR|
|Area||sq ft||sq m|
|Lower ground floor||89.00||8.27|